Get Inspired and Start Crafting
DIY Burlap wreath with dollar tree decorations
I bought 1 yard of shimmery burlap and cut it into 4 inch wide strips. I paid 10 dollars for the yard of burlap at a fabric store and $1.50 for the floral wreath at Michael’s after a 50% off coupon.
– I followed the step from this blog http://housegirlhaley.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/diy-burlap-wreath/
– Once I finished I made pumpkins with the socks and scrubs. The dollar tree had shimmery socks and scrubbers which would go well with the burlap.
Materials to make pumpkin
Dollar tree socks
Dollar tree sponge
Dollar tree pipe cleaners
Materials to finish other decor
Dollar tree leaves
Dollar tree ribbon
1) Stuff the sock with three sponges
2) Twist the end of the sock to make a stem shape
3) Pull out all extra slack and force the pipe cleaner down to make the pumpkin shape
4) Use pipe cleaner to make the leaf steam. Wrap the pipe cleaner around a pencil to make it curl
5) Use a safety pin to hold the sock together. I pinned it in the back to hide the pin.
6) Pin it to the wreath and then hot glue the leaves around the pumpkins
7) Wrap ribbon around the burlap to give it a nice finishing touch
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Have fun making it, I know I did. Thanks 🙂