Get Inspired and Start Crafting
I had been buying my dog food at Costco when I found out they were getting bad batches that were poisoning dogs. Signs of poisoning include throwing up and diarrhea, which my puppies began doing. I hadn’t thought much about it because they had done that before, but after learning about the bad batch of food we quickly took the food away and looked into other alternatives. We decided to go with blue buffalo but there were reports of that making dogs sick as well so I decided to make my own dog food. After doing some research I came up with this recipe. I hope your puppy’s enjoy it as much as mine do
2 yams washed and chopped
2 1/2 cup peas
1 1/2 cup long grained rice
4 1/2 cup water
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons chicken flavor bouillon
half a handful of baby carrots
2 handful chopped kale
2 handful chopped spinach
4 Tablespoon whole ground flax seed meal
1) In a pot, add the chopped yams, rice, peas, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoon chicken flavor bouillon and 4 1/2 cups water. Mix well on medium heat until it starts to boil. Once it boils lower the heat and cover with lid. You will know when its done because the yams will be creamy
2) In a separate pot brown the ground turkey. Once browned, chop a few carrots and add them to the ground turkey. You can eyeball how much you want to put in there. Next, chop the spinach and kale (make sure to chop the kale well as it does not shrink like the spinach).
3) Once you feel comfortable that the ground turkey, carrots, spinach, and kale sauteed enough, add in the rice mixture.
4) While mixing, add the ground flax seed and turn off the heat.
5) Let food completely cool before serving it to your doggies. Store the rest in containers and freeze. The night before, I take a days worth of food out of the freezer and move it to the fridge.
For my two puppies it lasted 1 week feeding them twice a day.
Happy Pinning! 🙂